Thursday, March 07, 2013

A letter to Watson





Dearest Watson,

You crazy furry monster you. I have to admit, when we first had Clara I was very concerned about you. Not in a, "I'm worried you wont feel as loved now that the baby is here" kind of way. More of a, "I'm worried about how you'll do with the baby, and if you're aggressive I'll get rid of you faster than you can blink an eye" kind of way. Not that I haven't always loved you Watson- but something happens to you when you have a baby- your protective instincts kick in and literally anything that could possibly harm your little baby becomes enemy no. 1. You have such a wonderful little spunky personality, but with that comes an alarming level of excitement and I was worried about that. I have to admit, I was dead wrong. You have been so cute with little miss Clara baby. You're so interested in her but surprisingly gentle and sweet. You love licking her little fingers and making her laugh. I have to say, it makes my little mommy heart melt on the spot. Thanks for being such a good pup.We love you little buddy.

love, mom.









7 comments:

  1. aww I'm so glad they get along! I hope aspen gets along with our future children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your watson looks so sweet with clara, especially in those last two pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww this is so sweet. i'm glad that watson is a sweetheart. i'm so worried when we have kids that our pup will be a problem. henry's only 10 months right now and about 110lbs...sooo yeah. i'm nervous about him a. knocking me down when i'm holding our future hypothetical baby and b. him being a jerk to our kid when it's a toddler bc he still bites/mouths us sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were at a friend's house once when Jed was just a baby. He fell asleep so I put him down. Their dog stood as a sentinel and wouldn't let anyone near him! Dogs sometimes seem to have a sixth sense about babies. Those pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that! pets and babies are always soo cute together!!!

    i tagged you for my "the best things - project"
    i would love if you'd be a part of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sooooo have puppy fever! The Bean needs a fur pal!:-( It's such a sweet relationship. We grew up with a beloved english springer spaniel, he was the sweetest. Would let us practically bounce all over him:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at those thighs and belly! I just love it.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes