Friday, March 15, 2013

Happy Friday.




This post could also be titled "Pinterest Recipe Gone Right"

You guys, I've had a HANKERING for thin mints. Real bad. and wouldn't you know, I couldn't find a girl scout if my life depended on it! Aren't they supposed to be everywhere this time of year? Apparently not in Boston.

So when I saw this recipe on pinterest I had to give it a go.

I'm the first to admit that baking is NOT my forte'. I can cook all the live long day but baking? I leave that to my sister. but these cookies are so dang easy, even I could not contrive a way to mess them up! Mine didn't turn out quite as pretty as the originals (the second time around they were a little less messy though) but they were delicious and tasted just like the ones in the little green box! Success!

I've now made them two days in a row. heaven help my post-partum hips.

So here's my recipe, just slightly modified from the one I found:

(makes 25 thin mints)

separate and scrape off the cream of desired number of oreos (apparently "Newman's O's" work as well)

melt 1.25 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips in double boiler

once melted add 1 tsp of peppermint extract

dip your oreo halves in, scoop out with a fork, smooth with the fork and place on wax paper to set

once the chocolate settles put them in the fridge for an hour or so and enjoy!

easy peasy lemon squeezy.






Happy Weekend.

1 comment:

Love Notes