Friday, March 08, 2013

Happy Friday?

It's a little hard for this West Coast cowgirl to say "happy Friday" with a blizzard coming down outside.

doesn't March have a duty to start ushering in Spring?

apparently Boston is not aware of this.

I am trying to look on the bright side of things.

for instance, Steve is working at home today because all his meetings got cancelled from the snow.

awesome.

Also, I used the awful weather this week as an excuse to add some spring-ish touches to the old apartment. 

As my friend Julia mentioned on instagram...in order to survive a New England winter you need flowers and lots of imagination.

Thanks Julia.

So I imagined up a rug? and made it. (with a little help from Bon Bon),

bought a tiny owl vase named Hubert, an unnamed ivy plant and the prettiest blooms I could find at the store.

wish us luck.

xoxo Jess







3 comments:

  1. The forever long winters and lack of sunshine (I'm talking about seeing the sun maybe 10 days in one month!) nearly killed me when we lived in NY. It's so different than the dry west! Feeding calves in the evening really helped me; fresh air even though it was snowing. Your owl is adorable. Keep up the green happy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so pretty! Hope you made it through the storm without getting too bored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a rug!!! YAY! It looks adorable! And whatever that piece of furniture on top of it is, looks quite adorable as well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes