Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Heartsick



I'm at a loss for words. My heart is just sick for this adopted city of mine. I jump back and forth between feeling so grateful that I decided not to go watch the marathon this year to being so incredibly sad for the people whose lives have been turned upside down in the last 24 hours. For the sweet babies who had to witness the worst part of society at such a young, innocent age. I hug my sweet Clara and half of me just wants to move out to the country and shelter her from the evil around us.

Yet I keep reminding myself that love is bigger than hate. Terrible things happen, but there is still so much for goodness and beauty all around us. Two bombs went off but dozens of exhausted marathon runners turned first responders ran to help victims, to tear down fences, to give blood for those who would surely need it. There is evil in the world, but I would venture to say that it is still overwhelmingly good and beautiful.

in the wise words of Mr. Rogers: “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping."

Yesterday in my scripture study I read Moroni 9:6 "Notwithstanding their hardness, let us labor diligently; for if we should cease to labor, we should be brought under condemnation; for we have a labor to perform whilst in this tabernacle of clay, that we may conquer the enemy of all righteousness, and rest our souls in the kingdom of God"

keep fighting the good fight. 





I've been floored with the outpouring of love our little family has experienced. Friends and family checking in and making sure we are OK. Reminding us how much we are loved. Thank you to all our friends- online and in "real life". Do us a favor and go give a hug to all those you love. Never take for granted how precious and fragile this life is.



7 comments:

  1. love this post. perfectly said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your last 2 sentences - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said! So glad you are all OK ... talked to Steven last night and it's just crazy he was within a few miles of it all. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear that you are okay. What a beautifully written post. That quote by Mr. Rogers is one of my all-time favorites too.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes