Saturday, May 18, 2013

Creamed Eggs


For those of you who asked what the mysterious "creamed eggs" were that Steve made for me on Mother's Day- here you are!

Apparently they can also be called "eggs and golden rod" 

We had them all the time growing up an they are my favorite breakfast! On Christmas morning we pair them with italian sausage and fruit. divine.

To tell the truth I'm not sure if they came from my Mom's side or my Dad's but here is the rough recipe:

1. Make a rue in a deep sauce pan with 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp flour
2. stir in 3 cups of milk
3. grate in 10-12 hard boiled eggs
4. bring to a simmer and add salt and pepper to taste
5. serve over buttered toast- must be buttered.

enjoy!


8 comments:

  1. Such a fun family recipe! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the exact same thing on Christmas! I thought we were the only people on earth that eat it. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! Thanks for letting us know what they are! They sound awesome!
    How many people does the recipe above serve? 10-12 eggs sounds like quite a lot!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband will just about die when I make this for him! :)


    xx Lynzy
    www.sparklingfootsteps.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love white sauce and love eggs! Combine two? that sounds deliiish.
    Thank you for sharing the recipe. I will have to try it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had this all of the time growing up, too. So yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jay's comment to himself the day he read this blog post, "Well I guess I'd better figure out how to make creamed eggs". haha, he copies lots of things Steve does I think- I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes