Friday, May 10, 2013

little human.


Sometimes I have this realization that Clara won't be my little baby forever. It sneaks up on me and just slaps me in the face every now and again. She's this little person that will grow up and go to college and maybe get married and have her own little babies someday. This terrifies and excites me all in the same breath. Sometimes I wonder how my mom every let me climb trees and go on horseback rides for hours on end. How did she know I would be OK? But I guess she didn't and eventually you have to let go and that's kind of the beauty of it all, but... geez this motherhood thing does a number on you. How do you let go of something you love so fiercely and trust them to such an imperfect world? I guess that's why they are babies at first. Then little by little they gain their independence- and it's still hard- but you slowly learn to let go. I guess I can't prevent her from scraping her knees or getting her heart broken-but I can punch the stupid boy in the face. Just kidding, I would NEVER do that ;)

I love you Clara girl.


Oh and Happy Friday :)

10 comments:

  1. i love this blog, mostly because you are so stinking cute and inspiring! do you mind if i ask where you got that shirt? planning engagement pics here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! Thanks for reading :) my shirt is J Crew!

      Delete
  2. Beautifully said! My Mommy heart struggles with this daily as I try to let my two little boys slowly, but surely venture out into the world to become their own people. Not easy!
    Happy Mother's Day to you!
    Erin
    www.bakesomebodyhappy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me cry. All I can say is, thanks for sharing it. I think every person with some motherhood in their life agrees. What a sweet post. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your writing a lot. so easy to read and beautifully said.
    I also love your color sense, which is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is exactly how i've been feeling with our baby, these last 15 months have flown by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and I love those heels ;) Clara's pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are priceless!!! & you would *totally* do that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photographs of the two of you are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Killer outfits! You two are gonna make the best dressed mum and daughter team everrrrr! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes