Thursday, June 20, 2013

on being positive

I know it's cheesy and I'm not even going to apologize for it 

but sometimes you just have to count your blessings 

because life isn't all roses sometimes but I'm a firm believer that YOU are the only person that controls your happiness. 

So here's my happy list today:

1. all the green plants I have growing in my house. it's kind of become a hobby and i kind of love it.

2. the natural light and pops of color in my apartment.

3. the fact that i can walk right out my door and pick a rose for Hubert. a rose that I grew mind you. life goal fulfilled. also, Hubert is my tiny owl vase for anyone wondering.

4. my bedside table that's always full of books and the occasional bunch of flowers.

5. clara's toys littered throughout the apartment.

6. clara's nursery. it was really a labor of love for me and i'm still smitten with it. i think it has just the right amount of whimsy.

7. clara's little knee dimples. 'nuff said.















7 comments:

  1. i have a new glass owl in my apartment and me and the roomie named him hoobert :} we need to get together haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and beautiful photos of your space. I make list like this all the time as a reminder of how blessed I am! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true we tend to forget how lucky we are when things get tough. So yeah, these reminders are very important for me too. Love Clara's fox shirt and the stuffed foxie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey from one green thumb to another.... do you mind sharing with me what the name of the tall indoor tree you have is? I have been looking for something like that for our home. Most tall indoor trees just look too tropical for my liking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind sharing at all except I'm a dunce and I forgot the tree name!! All I remember is its related to the cinnamon tree... If that helps! Sorry! We really do love the tree though! I feel the same way about most indoor plants.

      Delete

Love Notes