Thursday, June 27, 2013

summer beet salad

You guys. This salad is ridiculously delicious. I've eaten it 3 days in a row, no joke.

I go through "food phases". Do you guys do that?

For instance, summer 2012 it was carne asada tacos (pregnancy craving- I didn't really cook while pregnant- too sick). Fall 2011 was brussel sprouts, pumpkin and peach ice cream. Summer 2011 was bruschetta, blackberries and honey goat cheese. Winter/Spring 2013 was fig jam, arugula and proscuitto. Summer 2010 was zucchini and bell peppers. You get the picture? Summer 2012 looks to be the summer of peaches, beets and blueberries.

what do you reach for at the grocery store lately?



ingredients: (serves 1)

1 handful arugula tossed in homemade raspberry vinaigrette (recipe below)
1/2 beet thinly sliced on a mandolin
1/2 small log of goat cheese, drizzled with- just a teensy bit of- honey, baked at 415 degrees for 7 minutes

raspberry vinaigrette:

smash 8 whole raspberries with a fork in a small jar
add 3 tsp honey (or to taste)- mix well
add 4 tbsp white balsamic vinegar, close jar and shake until mixed well

2 comments:

  1. I definitely go through food phases! The most recent phase has been banana bread, but I've gone through phases with things like steak fajitas and pina coladas. Food is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through eggplant phase last summer only because we had too many eggplants in our garden - Japanese Ichiban the best. My pregnancy craving was tomato sandwich, just fresh tomato and mayo with dash of pepper, that's it. My current phase is dried medjool dates, sweet and perfect snack in the afternoon. I will try your beets salad this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes