Wednesday, July 03, 2013

A Shirt for Me a Bow for Her


This post should probably be titled "how to get your money's worth from a J. Crew chambray shirt". remember this? Well a couple months after Clara was born my beloved chambray, newly polka dotted, got a tear on the shoulder seam. I have my suspicions about a change in chest size having something to do with the misfortune. But not willingly to relinquish my beloved so quickly to the scrap pile I devised a plan for resurrection. Enter new back panel (from a previously nail polish ravaged cardigan). I also changed up the sleeve length and the collar just to add a little summer pizzaz. and because the little ham had to get in on some of the action too...the extra right sleeve denim was devoted to a bow just for her. Someone stop me, I have a problem.  




^^kisses for mom^^



I can't even handle her. I just can't. 

7 comments:

  1. You are amazing! I love the re-fashion! I could never be talented enough for a sewing makeover like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have sewing skillls! Love the pink back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative and crafty, I love it! Clara is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two look awesome! If i could sew like you, i will upcycle all kinds of stuff.. good for earth and your soul, I bet. happy July 4th to you, Steve, and your ham!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you made that? You are amazing and so talented I can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow your blog and also your instagram. Can I just say that your chunky Clara is super adorable and precious!! I can't get enough of her charm and rolls rolls everywhere =D

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes