Friday, July 05, 2013

The Marcums do 4th of July


Our Independence Day started off with a disappointing trip to a fair- turned into a jaunt to Walden Pond, followed by soft serve, BBQ, my first sighting of fireflies (a life long dream- pure magic) and a spectacular firework show.   

it was pretty perfect. I love this country and I love this holiday.

it ranks 3rd in the order of holidays just after Thanksgiving and right before Valentine's Day.

surprisingly, Clara ended up loving the fireworks. I was a little worried about how she'd handle it but she thought it was the coolest thing. Her eyes were glued to the sky and her little smile was peeking out from behind her binky the whole time. Not a peep.

I hope your holiday was as good as ours! Happy Friday!













4 comments:

  1. awww!! so much fun! i wish e had seen the fireworks, but the dang time difference got to him and he was dead asleep in his carseat. :) better luck next year.

    also i'm crushin' on your adorable swimsuit!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time ever to see fireflies? Wow! I can't imagine Summers without them! Aren't they magical?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had relaxing holiday! I love fireflies too. They move so elegantly and also friendly sometimes landing on my shoulders and stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes