Thursday, August 29, 2013

Farmer's Market Fail and Concord Escapades.


so I'd been chirping about the Lincoln farmer's market for weeks. I reaallly wanted to go. All hyped up on visions of mounds of produce and baked goods and trendy lemonade and such we went...to find 4 tents set up in a parking lot. After the initial grumpiness at failed expectations I got a myself a diet coke, a cheese breadstick and a cute little box of grape tomatoes and decided to salvage the day! Oh those kind of days. you know. We strolled around the town a bit then headed to Concord to drown our sorrows in my favorite sweet potato fries, another huge diet coke (I'm just being honest here) and all the antique stores that downtown Concord has to offer- and that would be a considerable amount. Are you noticing a trend here? I'm still looking for the perfect chair. Ever elusive. I did find a couple of cute brooches though, so that's something!

hooray for Saturdays in the summer and diet cokes and sweet potato fries and sisters and corgis and husbands and fat babies amen.








6 comments:

  1. Teehee! Concord solves all fails. But seriously: have you been to SOWA Art Market in the South End? It is not to be missed. Food trucks (trendy lemonade, ice cream, I'm sure) local designer tents, galleries, and yes a huge farmer's produce market AND antiques! You'd love it I bet. On Sundays. http://www.sowaopenmarket.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That looks like it's TOTALLY up my alley! I wish it was open on Saturdays though!! We try not to shop on Sundays :-/

      Delete
  2. Your flats are so cute, and your sister's wedges - I want them! Have you tried Alexa's frozen sweet potate fries? Even though freshly made ones are the best, when the craving hits, they will do for me. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kay! I'll have to try those for sure!!

      Delete
  3. So I live North of Boston and love getting fun ideas from your blog. I am dying to know the name of this place with the BEST sweet potato fries?!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes