Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Grandma's visit, according to our iphones.

Well, I just dropped my mother-in-law off at the airport. bleh- I always hate it when family leaves!

Sorry about the sporadic blogging the past few weeks. When visitors are here it just seems like uploading an innumerable amount of photos, going through and flagging the ones I'll use, photoshop, etc is just far too time-consuming and overwhelming when loved ones are there in the next room over- in real time!! #bloggerproblems. So here we are playing catch up. You understand.

Having Gena here was so much fun. Each time she's here (excuse me for the cheese) I'm reminded that my prince was raised in the arms of a queen. Really and truly. If you met her you'd know. Hopefully I grow up to have just a smidgen of Gena's goodness (I'm not too optimistic about this) . It's also kind of fun to see her and Steve together. Sometimes I just think from the smiling, expressive eyes  down to the round the corner scare loving (am I even making sense? probably not)...Steve is his mother's child. Clara is so blessed to have rockin' Grandparents on both sides of the gene pool. I mean really. 

We spent a lot of time in Concord, exploring Orchard House and Emerson's home, downtown and Walden Pond. We also made it up to the beach and our favorite park. It was a dream. We love you Gena! Can't wait to see you again!


So here's our week according to our iphones (mostly Gena's):



















5 comments:

  1. oh my good and holy Lord, that picture of Clara with your mom. I just showed her to my roommate and her boyfriend and they died. She's such a little nugget!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how much you love your mother in law! Raising a son, I'm constantly praying for whoever his wife will be, and keeping in mind I want to have a great relationship with her too...especially since I'm not sure I'll ever have a daughter (pregnant with boy #2!) =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in LOVE with the rug in the last picture!!! The baby is pretty cute too : )

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes