Wednesday, August 28, 2013

To New Hampshire we go!!!

Oh New Hampshire, you charming thing you. 

We started out our day in Portsmouth, frequented the myriad of consignment/antique shops, got a ridiculous brunch at The Friendly Toast, and picked up a Pistol Annies record at my favorite record shop. Then came route 1 and it's ever enticing antique stores that really killed our would-be day at the beach... but we still managed to get in some rays for at least and hour or so, covered ourselves in sand (literally, Clara totally face planted in it...to her sheer delight), attempted to get in the frigid water and failed, and picked up an ice cream cone as big as my head so I'd consider it pretty much a success. We ended the night by making homemade carne asada tacos and dirty diet cokes while listening to "Boys from the South" on my newly acquired record, so it was pretty much perfect. Oh and top of the finger friendship/sister rings!!! Huzzah!






^^Oh hey Jess, you missed a button on your shirt. Could you be any cooler? #urkel^^












10 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of all your day trips! I guess that is an East coast thing...lots of fun places/States within driving distance! I'm curious how you handles Clara's naps when you take day trips? Does she just nap in the stroller and car??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica! She just naps in the stroller and the car- she's pretty good about it as long as I remember to bring her blanket and a pacifier!! hashtag: dream baby

      Delete
  2. Hi Jess! I know I almost never comment on your blog but could not stop myself doing so after looking through these gorgeous pictures. I am not going to lie: secretly I am dreaming about having a little daughter as cute as your Clara. You are such a nice family. This blog of yours is my favorite.

    Erika from Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika!!! I love when people comment :-) It always makes my day! I'm glad you enjoy the blog!!

      Delete
  3. All these pics are making me want to travel and wander around cities and beaches. Your sister is beautiful and stylish like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet Kay! I would go a step further and say she's prettier and more stylish :) I've always considered my sister as the better version of me! "Jess 2.0"

      Delete
  4. stop. you and your baby lady are PRECIOUS. i'd never have known you missed a button, either!! but that's funny. also, where'd you get your feather mid-knuckle ring? i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the ring at a random shop in Portsmouth...I think it was called Baubles and Bling...or something! I love it though! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I am so obsessed with all these rings!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl! do you make all of you and clara's headbands?!?! seriously so adorable. (i'm starting to wear out that word today on your posts.) ;)

    i will try to stop by incessant blog commenting.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes