Friday, September 06, 2013

10 months

all I have to say is...I'm in denial.


at 10 months Clara...

-screams. mostly when she's happy. she's screams for attention at the dinner table. she screams after consuming a particularly juicy blueberry. she screams when daddy comes home. she screams when Watson walks in the room...this girl has a voice and she knows it.

-also, "sings". loud. whenever we are singing in church or a particularly good song comes on the radio in the car, she likes to sing along- can't be left out this girl!

- along the same lines, is coming up with new words and sounds all the time! She says puppy, pup, dad, dadda, daddy, papa, pappy, mom, momma, mommy, hi, baby, buh-by. 

-does the cutest little backwards wave to say hello. the first time she did it I just about died.

-is starting to thin out!!! Although I knew her level of chubbiness would be difficult to sustain over time...it still makes me a little sad to see the chub start to leave. No fear though, she is still well above the average in terms of weight. This girl.

-still breast feeds for all her meals but likes to snack on blueberries, peas, peaches, corn, and tortillas. mostly, she just likes food.

-is my little snuggle bear. she needs to snuggle for at least five minutes every time she wakes up. no complaints from this department. all is right in the world when she nuzzles her sleepy nose into my neck and wraps her chubby little arm around my shoulder.

-has officially taken two "crawls". she's in no rush to be mobile this one- which, if I'm being honest I really don't mind. she can stay my baby as long as she wants.

-is still really attached to me, but will now go to others as long as I sneak away quickly. 

-LOVES her dad. every time he comes home she lunges out of my arms for him- so sweet.

-is a discriminating kiss-giver. she gives great kisses but only when SHE wants to. There's no forcing this girl into a kiss- she's her momma's daughter ;-)

-causes a scene with her outlandish flirting every time we walk into a grocery store. I'm serious, this girl. she catches your eye and will flirt with you as long as you're in site. it seems that Costco is literally her favorite place ever. so many flirtations to be had.













mostly, we just love her more and more every day. I feel so connected to this girl. I don't know how to describe it, and maybe you can't really know unless you've experienced it yourself but I'd go to the ends of the earth and back for this little person. i love her.

7 comments:

  1. She is beautiful, Jess! You guys need to have at least 10 kids if this is how cute and perfect they come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. her hair is getting lighter too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "discriminating kiss-giver"--just like her mama indeed! ;) Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love her! Happy 10 months Clara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, she is BEAUTIFUL! My baby girl is going to be 9 months this month and I can't believe it! The time flies too quickly :(
    Mia has just started screaming/squealing this past month when she gets excited and I LOVE it! It cracks me up every time.
    Are you on insta? I love to follow my momma friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. she just keeps getting cuter and cuter every month. is that even possible?!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes