Tuesday, September 03, 2013

holding on for dear life.


I'm usually one to look forward to the changing seasons. I have even been known to look forward to the snow and snuggling up for the winter. Shocking, I know. I don't know what it is about this year but I have been clinging to summer for dear life! I just want to squeeze everything I can out of it- and even though I've always loved the tell tale signs of fall, this year every fallen leaf makes me cling to the summer even tighter. I'm hoping this changes soon, as nothing I can do will change the fact that boots and scarves and pumpkin pie are sure to be in my very near future. Maybe I should read Harry Potter again- something about those books gets me really excited for the holidays. Is that weird?

These photos are from a trip we took into the city to meet Steve for lunch at Sweetgreen- we happened upon a farmer's market in Copley Square which was just perfect and summery of course. Isn't Boston pretty? Also of note is the gorgeous sunflower Steve bought me. He's a keeper, that one.











4 comments:

  1. Yes, Boston is beautiful, through your eyes, I enjoyed scenery and good eats... now go on and wear boots and scarves, which I'm looking forward to see here! btw, Clara, I'm in love with her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunflower! They're my favorite. :) I hear ya about holding onto summer. I DREAD the 90 days between January and March. And that didn't happen until I made the transition to motherhood. Something about being holed up at home all. day. long. will drive any person wild. Happy Fall! It's gonna be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. steve... such a freakin' keeper ;) and i love the mixed patterns. you look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you about Harry Potter! I am a Fall girl by heart and this Summer anytime I felt that tingly need for Fall I just popped in a Harry P.! I've never read the books (i know!!) But just started them this week, and it's definitely giving me the tingles for the up coming season!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes