Monday, October 21, 2013

Cape Cod in the Fall


can i just tell you a little bit about Sandwich, MA? It is THE most charming, perfect little New England town. We happened to stumble upon it with my parents in "the Cape" last week, and let me just tell you, it could do no wrong. it was charming right down to it's little pinky toes and hydrangea covered picket fences. we started out at the Heritage Museum and Gardens which is a must-see if you find yourself in the vicinity. think: cool vintage cars, windmills, 1800's restored carousel, and wild gardens with dahlia's that I SO need in my life. we stopped at a cafe for lunch, did a little antiquing and ended the day with a walk down the beach and a lobster dinner for me at a local inn. I mean...honestly. It couldn't have been any more perfect. A day for the books. 

in other news, no, my parents did not have me when they were 16-- they are just attractive people with really good genes. we had so much fun with them while they were in town! I was a little worried about going to the Cape during off-season again but wouldn't you know, fall looks quite lovely on dear old Cape Cod. It was a perfect long weekend getaway for us.

love you mom and dad! Thanks for visiting! 





^^that hedge!! I mean.^^


















10 comments:

  1. Honestly, we look at your blog posts together every day and hope our family is as cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome pictures!!

    cape cod any time of year = awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lovely! and yes, your parents look super young!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures! Everything is so picturesque. And man, Clara is the cutest little angel. Also, I love your parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frame that family picture! What a perfect weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Cape in the summer, but it's really lovely off-season too. Far less traffic and crowds and just as quaint! I bet you'll treasure these pictures, they're so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have got the cutest family :) I love the kissy face photo of Clara. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures and can i say Clara is the cutest, one more time? Your outfit is what I want to copy, really. Lastly, I don't believe you, your parents must have had you at 16. haha. They are like parents in movies.. you know what i mean?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful pictures! So glad you had fun with your parents in town! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes