Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hartford Half


so, last Saturday Steve and I ran the Hartford half marathon together! Woo hoo!

Grandma and Grandpa Veater came just in time to watch the jelly bean during the race too. what a dream.

I'm actually pretty proud of myself, I kept up with Steve the whole time, for one. also, I'm not really a "runner" as anyone who knows me could tell you. I'd say i enjoy the feeling of accomplishment after i run but...the whole running part? not so much. but i trained and pushed through and i'm just going to give myself a real good pat on the back.

remember this? i'd been wanting to run one for a while but the last time i signed up for a race i got pregnant and, you know, after about the third time running to the bathroom to throw up in the gym i decided running a race while pregnant just wasn't in the cards for me! 

enter: new goal. running a half in between every baby! It'll be fun. right?






9 comments:

  1. You guys look great! Clara's face looking at your medal is.. priceless. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!! Good job, Jess! I'm so proud of you (where do you even find the time to run with a baby?!?). I love the last picture -- I miss your face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I get such a rush out of running, but I understand if you don't. I think it makes the accomplishment even more impressive! You definitely deserve a pat on the back. But you didn't tell us your time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. probably because it wasn't that impressive!! 2 hrs 22 mins :)

      Delete
  4. congrats! and that is an awesome goal after every baby, my husband and i are thinking about doing another one together after baby #2 - we'll see if it actually happens though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, congrats! As an adamant non-runner who somehow got coerced into running long distance in track (so awful!), I applaud you. A half marathon's no joke and anyone who even completes one is impressive in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations on completing it. i can't imagine ever doing something like that so i really applaud you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so awesome for you guys! My hubby and I ran it last year! :) We live right next to Hartford!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! In high school I used to run track, but I am purely a "sprinter". Long distances KILL me! Literally! I love this and how you two ran together! So sweet!
    Xo, Emma

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes