Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Exactly a year ago.

Exactly one year ago RIGHT now, I was sitting in my OBGYN's office, dilated to a 4, 80% effaced, watching a massive contraction go up and down while connected to a non-stress test, listening to my doctor tell me that this baby will be coming any time now. I didn't really believe him at the time. I went home and tried to get on with my day but the contractions just kept getting more uncomfortable. I ended up in my bedroom with nothing but a pair of underwear and a loose t shirt on, rocking back and forth on my hands and knees, trying to relieve the pressure on my back. Watson put his head on my hand and looked up at me with his worried little face. Steve was calling to check in on me every sixty minutes. I tried to convince him to stay at work, it was no big deal, but apparently his instincts were more trustworthy than mine because he ended up rushing home to rub my back and make me eggs and toast and clean up the apartment so I could feel ready to leave at any time. At 10:30 we made the surprisingly peaceful drive to the hospital on deserted roads.

At 5:32 the next morning we were holding our sweet Clara Rose and our lives were changed forever. It feels like it was a million years ago and yesterday all at the same time. I can't believe my baby is going to be a year old tomorrow. Time flies.

full birth story here.







7 comments:

  1. and the world's best baby was born :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got so emotional reading and remembering this. What a wonderful little miracle our Clara Rose is. Thank you for being strong and Thank you Steve for knowing just what to do to help make everything smooth. I love you all so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow Clara! It has been such a fun year watching her grow. She is absolutely beautiful and is lucky to have you as her mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved following Clara's "adventures" via your blog! She is such a cute little doll who always make me smile. I am so happy you shared her life along with your experiences as a first time mom. I am sure inspired by you. Happy birthday to BOTH of you! A year ago you as a mom were born too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy! I can't believe Clara will already be one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful in these pictures. Happy birthday Clara! You have wonderfu Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great post. Also, you look so much like Brooke in that top picture!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes