Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Anxiety


This is just about the time of year when I start feeling the Christmas anxiety. Not to be confused with Christmas gift anxiety. I'm randomly pretty on top of that. It's more along the lines of, how can I fit in all the Christmas cheer that this month and ME deserve in less than two weeks?! Ah! I haven't even watched Elf yet! Or Arthur Christmas! What is wrong with me? Clara hasn't "met" Santa! I'm a Grinch! No! Anyone else feel similar anxiety? And here I am blogging instead of soaking up the season. Oh heavens. The things I do to myself. Excuse us while I put on fake reindeer antlers and try to convince Clara to watch a Christmas movie with me. Maybe marshmallows will help.






6 comments:

  1. i understand completely about that anxiety. my best advice? take things slow. you might not get everything you want done but if you choose the main things that will help you to feel the spirit of the season, then you did well this year! those antlers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too dang cute. Love that last photo. Miss all of our old Christmas festivities-parties, hot chocolate, gift exchanges. I totally get the anxiety but I think it's fun :) Love you lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess maybe you get the anxiety from me...sorry. I'm more emotional during this season and I want to enjoy but want to do so much. In the end what gets done IS enough. I love you. Enjoy the reason for the season and all the family time that it brings with your little chocolate eating reindeer beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clara in antlers is enough for me. Also I have finals so my anxiety is multiplied-yucky. But it's ok because I'm writing this sitting next to my little tree with Christmas music on in the background.

    You got this girl. Little things, little things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a cute pair! I understand Christmas anxiety. I need to watch White Christmas! And drink more hot chocolate! Then I have an anxiety about it still being 60 degrees everyday here. I feel you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to laugh at this because I've been feeling lots of Christmas anxiety so we watched Elf on Monday night and it totally helped! It's the only Christmassy thing we've done but it worked!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes