Friday, December 20, 2013

Mom's Hot Fudge.




alright, I've posted this recipe on the blog before- a few years ago- but it bears mentioning again. It's my favorite thank you gift and is sure to bring holiday cheer to any friends you may be caroling to this Christmas. Promise. Now, I have to say, it is in no way shape or form healthy. The secret here is lots of butter and confectioners sugar. I can't deny it. But ask pretty much all of my college roommates and I'll bet they'd tell you it's the best thing ever. like ever. Have it once and you'll be hooked.

Ok here we go.

1 cube butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 can evaporated milk
3 cups confectioners sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract


 melt the butter and chocolate chips over medium low heat

add your evaporated milk

sift in the powdered sugar slowly- stirring in as you go

Bring it to a boil for 5 minutes

Add your vanilla extract


boom. done.

and now here are some picture of Clara because she's cute and she approves of hot fudge. and chocolate chips too.








4 comments:

  1. I love this! My husband lost his job last week and our Christmas spending went from adequate to $0 in a day. This will make such a great present that I can actually afford to give and you packaged it up so sweet! Thanks for the motivation to get up and make something instead of feeling sorry for myself. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks even easy enough for me- thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummm i love holiday recipes!!! and oh clara, she is beyond precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best hot fudge ever! And the focal point of so many great memories :)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes