Monday, December 09, 2013

Sick Days

You guys, YOU GUYS. We have been sick. All three of us. For like, over a week. Ridiculous. It's ridiculous! I haven't been this sick for like two years. Every time we think we're nearing the end it comes back in full force, that's happened like three times. So I would say I'm feeling incrementally better today but I don't want to jinx it, so I won't. This is the first time Clara has really been sick! It is a huge blessing (that this is only the first fever), to be honest, but it just broke my heart seeing her all lethargic and needing her momma. A baby with a fever is super cute and super heartbreaking all at the same time. Luckily we caught the ear infection right at the start and Clara apparently loooves the bubble gum flavored amoxicillin so, that's something. The real bummer is we had planned to celebrate my birthday on Friday night and Steve was going to surprise me with reservations to  La Campania which I've been wanting to go to FOREVER. but, so it goes. If you're me, you know you're really sick when amazing Italian food does not sound appetizing in the slightest.
Well, enough of the pity party. Clara learned to clap her hands and blow kisses all in one day, which is kind of consolation for this whole sickness fiasco anyway. Send good thoughts our way! We had our first big snow here in Boston and we're just holed up over here bleaching everything in sight if you happen to need us! Happy Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you and your family get better soon! you need all the energy to enjoy this Christmas season x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gah! Hope you guys feel better :)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes