Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Christmas Reunion on Bainbridge Island


Despite getting me sick, Christmas this year really outdid itself. It was the first time all 20 Marcum descendants had been together in 2 years! Clara was in heaven with all her cousins, I think she was in awe at all the kids the entire time. She was even convinced to take her first few steps after watching her two cousins (that are her age ish) running around the house! Kate and John were especially cute with her, always asking to hold her and playing with her if she was sad. It pretty much melted my heart. Let's fill our house up with little fingers and toes Steve, having 8 around was the funnest thing ever! Besides the cuteness overload I think the "adults" stayed up till an average of 2 am every night playing four square and board games and getting up to all sorts of shenanigans. This is most likely what I have to credit my cold for but you know, you'll have time to sleep when you're dead. as they say. My A+ of a mother-in-law had something fun planned literally every day. That woman. I seriously don't know that if there's anything that could've made it better. I love this family I married into. The morning after everyone left was so quiet and empty and surprisingly sad! I put Clara in her high chair with some breakfast and she kept looking over to the one her cousin should've occupied next to her expecting Paisley to be there. They loved each other. Also, can I just say that Bainbridge Island is the most beautiful place ever? Ok, the end. For now.




















4 comments:

  1. Beautiful place! I love how you narrate your adventures. Your Christmas sounds much like mine. A house full of cousins, staying up waaaay too late playing games, and then getting sick. We celebrated for a week and now it's going to take a week to recover, but sooo worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a great time Jess! With beautiful places and people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like the greatest thing ever to get to have such wonderful family to spend the holidays with! You're truly blessed. Gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh. This literally brought a tear to my eye thinking how sad I am that it's all over. What a dream. We all seemed to have come down with the same cold, but at least it happened when we all got home, right? Sure love you guys and can't wait for more shenanigans with the girls next month!!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes