Wednesday, January 08, 2014

in which we really need to pack but get stuck in SF for two days. SURPRISE!! We're moving.

So we were supposed to leave Seattle for Boston on Thursday. Long story short, our flights home got cancelled not one, not two, but THREE times! Thank you crazy New England weather. We stayed in Seattle after the first two were cancelled but headed to the airport at 3am hoping beyond reason that the third time would be the charm. As were were about to board our flight to San Francisco we found out that our Boston connection had been cancelled....so we flew to SF, waited for four hours on standby, then resigned ourselves to being stranded for two days in the city. Clara looked like an exhausted little rag muffin. Poor thing. We checked into a hotel and Clara and I cuddled up together for a two hour nap. I never sleep with her but we were too exhausted to mind. I'm pretty sure I drooled all over her cute little noggin. That night we made it our mission to buy three of the most inexpensive outfits we could find. Thank you H&M. I made it out in under $20. Then we grabbed some sushi, got the essential toiletries at the corner walgreens and hit the sack. Also, I forgot to mention that I left my dslr AND our stroller in Seattle, because I'm good for that sort of thing. Hence, we carried our 25 lb. baby all over the city and all these photos are from my iphone. Anyway, we took advantage of the next day and had breakfast with our good friend Amanda who I totally bonded with when we were living in NYC (they have since relocated to SF), Caroline and her beautiful pregnant belly that I couldn't stop touching- I'm obnoxious like that, and my Aunt Amy (and her cute family) in Palo Alto! We finally made it on our flight at 6am the next morning. Poor Clara slept most of the time. Everyone on the plane let out a sigh of relief when we touched down in Boston. A guy in the row behind us said his family text him that a ton of flights were cancelled after we took off, so it looks like we slipped out in the nick of time! Thank the high heavens. Clara slept in until 11 this morning, attempting to recover I presume. The whole ordeal would have been significantly less dramatic had it not been for the fact that we are shipping off to California on the 15th! Yes, you heard right, we are moving on the 15th! Steve told his boss today which means that I can officially sing about it all over the internet. Which also means that it finally feels like a real thing. Also, I didn't pack a lick before Christmas, which wouldn't have been a big deal if we didn't lose a week of packing to buckets of snow and ice. So wish us luck! My hats off to you 2014! You're already making things interesting for us.







8 comments:

  1. Glad you finally made it home! Where in California are you guys moving to? That will be so wonderful for you to be close to family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an ordeal! i'm so impressed with your ability to make the best of any situation :) congrats on the upcoming move - i know you'll be so happy to be closer to family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! I'm sure you are busting at the seams with excitement to be closer to family. We loved the east coast while we were there, but the west, is just home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. California??? Great news! Where? :) Good luck with the packing. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous that you're moving to California! Can't wait to read all about your new adventures (while I sit here crying that I'll never get a Visa ;))
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. what a journey. and move to California? Can't wait to read more of your new adventures. happy packing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaahh!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to see how you'll fix up your next home–you surely made Boston beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes