Saturday, January 04, 2014

On Resolutions

I have a total love-love relationship with resolutions. You didn't see that one coming did you?? Steve and I have made goals a big part of our family from the get go and setting New Years goals, or resolutions, seems to really work for us. Because of the huge blizzards in New England our flights home were cancelled and we are left here on Bainbridge Island (there are worse places to be stranded) for a few more days to soak up our family and marinate a little longer on what our new year's goals should be. It will still feel like 2013 until we get home, you know. I've been thinking about things I want to do better in 2014, things I want to improve, it's really exciting, the thought of change and growth for me. a clean slate. It seems that through the holidays things get jumbled and scrambled and it's just a mad race to the end of the year. Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely the best kind of craziness. But the new year is well timed, I think. Some of the things I've thought about though, will be a little hard to translate into concrete, trackable goals. So I just want to voice them on this silly little blog. Sometimes it helps to write out my thoughts. Here goes. 

In 2014 I want to have more patience with Clara and Watson, and Steve sometimes too. I want to be more conscious of people around me who are suffering or less fortunate than I am. I want to worry less about things I can't change. I want to make more friends. I want to be a better friend. I want to develop my talents, and learn new ones too. I want to create a beautiful life for myself and my family, not just aesthetically, but that too. I want to be confident in my choices and my body and myself. I want to worry less about what people may think. I want to teach Clara to be confident, to be who she is no matter what people may say or do or think. I want to focus on God and my family. I want to be better. 

Bring it on 2014!

and what the heck, here are some more cute Clara+cousin pictures. 

Happy Weekend.





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this beautifully written post on goals for yourself. I'm a 40 something mother with most of my children out the door, and I am just now coming to a lot of these same realizations and goals for myself. You are a about 20 years ahead of me, so good on you! I love being taught by others about their stradegies for bettering their life and the world. We need mothers, women, and people like you!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes