Monday, February 10, 2014

an update and a smattering of photographs.


Oh hey! hi. I'm not dead. Although since we last spoke, I did almost die of the flu and my computer actually did bite the dust. Hence...this blog has been a teensy bit neglected. So here we are. I promise I felt every ounce of guilt that a normally regular blogger should feel upon a 2.5 week absence. But hey, guess what?! We found a house! The house. It's the perfect fit for us. A short commute for Steve, no carpet to be found outside the closets (random, but wonderful), an updated kitchen, tall ceilings, natural light everywhere and citrus and camellia trees growing out back. We love it we love it we love it. It's in a quiet neighborhood, on a cul de sac and all the neighbors smile and wave. I think this is going to be a really fun chapter in the Steve and Jess life adventure book. I've got a deep down gutty feeling about it all. 

We've been busy little bees ( I can't say that without thinking of Gladiator, creepy) trying to replace furniture and put together our new nest. Consequently, I'm really good with a furniture budget, it's one of my more useful talents. Steve and I stayed up well past midnight every night this weekend and got the bulk of it all squared away! All that's left is the living room and a headboard (diy) and bedside tables (semi diy) in our room. The living room is probably going to be the last thing to get done which is kind of funny because I usually make that priority #1 when we move into a new place. Appearances, you know. But we've got some cool projects up our sleeves that will take a little longer. Steve is the mastermind, that guy. Seriously, you wouldn't believe some of the genius things he comes up with. Anyway, I did score the absolute perfect rug on ebay though so that should pull things together a little. I love this kind of stuff. 

Happy Monday!











6 comments:

  1. Looks like such a great place! I love setting up house. It's one of my favorite things. And I love your picture collages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your place next week!! I looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back! So wait, you bought this beautiful place that fast?! Or are you renting? Looking forward to reading along in your new life chapter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't buy it! We're renting for the first year until we get a better feel for the area!

      Delete

Love Notes