Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My morning.


so this morning was a lazy one. Clara woke up at around 8:30. her usual. but last night I stayed up pretty late waiting to go to bed with my studying husband because I have this weird thing about not being able to fall asleep without him. Anyway. I was tired. So Clara wakes up, I head into her room in my skivvies and take her to the kitchen for some scrambled eggs. There was a lot of eating and throwing of food involved. thanks you Clara. Afterwards we head into the living room to read stories and play with stuffed animals on the couch. aka lazy morning. I'm still in my skivvies and she's in her jammies. so this goes on for a while and then about 10:00 the doorbell rings. I run to my closet to grab my robe, praying it's just a package being dropped off. I went to the door in my big fluffy robe and socks, nappy bed head and an unwashed face at ten o'clock in the morning to find the most beautiful bouquet of English tea roses delivered from my man. Early Valentine's day. I love him. But I had to sign for them and the guy didn't have a pen so I had to run upstairs to get one and I accidentally left the door open a crack and Watson bolted. Usually he would come back but this morning he had tasted sweet freedom and no matter how many times I yelled called for him he wouldn't give me the time of day. He's very gifted at selective hearing when it suits him. So the poor delivery guy is trying to help me wrangle him while I have Clara in my arms but Watson has seen the look in my eye and he knows he's going to be in trouble should he get caught. It's on. So I set Clara down on the floor in her room and hope she doesn't get into too much trouble, jump into my wellies and run out the front door- I close it this time. Watson had run across the cul de sac and was harassing our sweet elderly neighbor Evelyn with his unwonted advances. He's very friendly you know, just a little too enthusiastic about it. So I finally corner him in her yard and lift him up in my arms and apologize profusely to Evelyn. "Hi we're new to the neighborhood, I'm wearing a robe and wellies and this is my crazy dog. Nice to meet you." So we chat for a second and she said she didn't mind him at all, he wasn't big enough to knock her over anyway (have I mentioned how sweet she is?) until my arms felt like they were going to drop off. I'm still holding him. then we rush home, crossing my fingers Clara didn't get into any serious (dangerous) mischief. I walk in the door and run around the house and can't find her. for a second my heart drops until I hear this giggle from upstairs and see her peeking around the corner at me like she was playing hid and seek. She had somehow weaseled her way through my make shift barrier and crawled all the way up. That girl. She's an excellent weasler. I've got my hands full. But I love this crazy unstructured life of mine. and these crazy kids, furry and otherwise.  





5 comments:

  1. OH Jess! What a very (unplanned) NON-LAZY morning it turned out to be for you! lol Might I suggest we have a Settlers night in the near future?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, i hate when the pup jets out the door like that!!! mine has gotten so much better about it lately, but when she was a pup she made a break for it and almost got hit by a car! so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help laughing. Totally story of my life too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always let aspen out to go to the bathroom when im just in my night clothes (aka garments) usually he is fine, but a couple times he has ran across the street. So embarrassing. Waiting hoping he'll come home quick while I scramble to find clothes!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes