Anyway- I got a couple requests for a hair tutorial on the braided crown I've been sporting EVERYWHERE lately. The best thing about it is it seems complicated but I would argue it's almost easier than a top knot! Heaven knows in the CA heat this pregnant girl NEEDS her hair off her neck. I love me some top knot but I've got thick hair and now that it's getting longer piling it all on top all day tends to give me a headache. Pregnancy+headaches=no fun, so braided crown! Ready set go!
1. First, you're going to need bobby pins and an itty bitty rubber band- preferably your hair color so it blends in, I only had black.... be better than me! I also like to leave my hair unbrushed, tousled if you will, it tends to make your braids more big and luxurious and Elsa-like!
2. Go ahead and give yourself a deep side part.
3. take a fairly large chunk and divide it into three pieces. Take your outside piece and braid it under the middle piece making a dutch braid.
4. Continue along the crown of your head, always taking a new piece of hair and joining it with your outside piece.
5. Braid all the way around your head, it may take a couple times getting used to the back of your head but my fingers are so programmed now I don't even have to think about it! Braid until the very end of your hair and secure with a tiny elastic.
6. Secure the end of your braid behind the start near the top of your head. I like to tuck the end under the original braid so it doesn't stick out. I also usually have a few ornery strands, just take some bobby pins and show 'em who's boss!
7. If you want a fuller look gently pull the strands of your braid apart along the crown and voila! You're done!
^^again with the elastic, get a clear one!^^
This style seriously takes me two seconds, I don't need a mirror and it lasts all day! Best of all it feels weightless on my head and it's hard for Clara to sabotage!
Happy Monday friends!