Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Exciting News!!!!

Well as some of you may have guessed our family is expecting baby #2 come January 2015! We couldn't be more thrilled, or more sick if we're being completely honest ;) it's amazing how you truly do forget the horrors of the first trimester! You know, I really shouldn't be complain AT ALL because I was just so excited to be pregnant and since I know so many would kill for this, but I have to be real with you guys, retching on the side of the road until the blood vessels in your eyelids burst is no cake walk... no matter how many times I try to remind myself how grateful I should be. Luckily I have a mother and mother in law who both went through the same thing with their babies and check in on me now and again! Not to mention my sweet husband who picks up the loose ends without being asked. It goes without saying that the fridge and the sink are two of my most feared areas of the house. Any other pregnant mammas out there feel me on that?

 I must argue that being pregnant the second time around is almost more exciting than the first (besides the whole nausea bit)! It's so fun to have the perspective to look forward to those baby kicks and wiggles inside you and that burst of nesting energy to get everything perfect RIGHT NOW! And holy cow will this baby look like Clara or will they look totally different?! Not to mention I'm totally lost on gender- I can't decide which I'd be more excited for! I'm never blessed with premonitions on these sort of things. I don't think I could be brave enough to wait until the delivery, we find out the gender in August and I'm itching to know! And will you get a load of this bump? I swear I'm showing 100x faster than I did the first time around.

Cheers to 14 weeks down!




It's pretty much a given that if my blogging halts drastically I'm probably sick and pregnant (this happened last time around as well) but I've been getting enough complaints from family members that I'm really going to try and put my big girl pants on and keep this thing updated! Hopeful thoughts for that! Over and out!


Oh and these photos are courtesy of the ever lovely and talented sister of mine Mrs. Taylor Ann Winters!

14 comments:

  1. Ah, congratulations!! I kinda had an inkling you might be pregnant since the blog posts have been sparse. So excited for you guys! You look as beautiful and glowing as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW EXCITING!!! Congratulations!! That is such great news! And isn't it funny how different it is now being on the other side of pregnancy and knowing what you're looking forward to? On a side note, I was really missing your blog posts. Its nice to know the reason, and know that its an awesome one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You look amazing! Hope you feel better soon! I was much more sick with my second one but it's so fun having kids close in age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Sweet Clara girls is going to be a big sister! So exciting! I am so happy for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Jess! How exciting for you guys and you look absolutely stunning my dear! We all just love your blog, it's so lovely and refreshing. All my best and congratulations <3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even know how I came across your blog months ago. But your little girl is a doll and congratulations on the addition. I'm also due with my second in January so it will be fun to follow along during your pregnancy. I feel your pain with being sick. Sending anti barfing vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guessed you must be prego since your blog has gone silent for so long. Haha. I did the same thing. Congratulations! Here's to feeling better and the second trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay so exciting!! Make sure you get yourself some Preggie pops!


    Bekahcurtiss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats love to you, your family, and the bundle of joy on the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to your growing family! Hopefully this unpleasant phase will pass quickly for you. My sister is also due in January 2015, seems like a great month to welcome wee little babes! P.s. - Can't wait to see your pregnancy outfits this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats! you look lovely! i'm due in october with a little boy who will be exactly 2 years younger than his big sister, so our babes are/will be pretty close in ages... isn't it crazy HOW FAST the belly pops out this time around??!?!?! also, i was like you and truly couldn't tell or decide which i was more excited for - another little girl to wear some of the same outfits and MATCHING OUTFITS (!!) with Ella...or a little boy to experience the love a boy has for his mama and all the different and amazing things that come with raising a boy... it felt like winning the lottery either way when we found out at the end of may :) :) can't wait to see who will be joining your family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!!! So so happy for you (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many many congratulations to all three of you! I'm so glad there will be another Marcum gracing the world with his/her cuteness!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes