Thursday, July 24, 2014

Goings On at the Marcums


so most of these hurried, crooked balcony photos were taken on a tripod/self-timer last night because 1. Clara and I were accidentally matching in our navy polka dots. This was realized right before her bed time and a mom just can't pass up documenting that sort of thing. 2. There's something I find so inherently funny about wearing a shirt that says "good clean fun" over a pregnant belly and 3. I had a dr. appt earlier that afternoon so you know, my hair got kind of done (stress on "kind of") and I wore lipstick. These things must be recorded.

So as to the smattering of things happening over here lately. BLT's. every day. They always sound good- and you know, I'm so particular about my bacon in a BLT. Nowhere in Fresno besides Sequoia Sandwich company can cook it right WITH the appropriate amount of thickness in the slice of tomato to accompany it, and I don't always want to drive out there for one, so I usually just have to make them myself. You'd think that a sick pregnant woman, out of ANYTHING to cook wouldn't be able to cook greasy fragrant breakfast meat that smells up your house for days but you know, it's one of the only things I can handle cooking so, go figure. I don't even know what to say about that. I can't keep down hardly any fruit. Oh the injustices and mysteries of pregnant life.

I'm totally popping out and with the right amount of snugness in a t shirt and/or maxi dress it appears I've almost graduated from "too much taco bell?" to "hey! when are you due?". I have yet to be asked my due date in the grocery store check out but I chalk it up to the fact that I'm still pretty much sequestered to the couch and scared to go to the grocery store. hashtag: hermit hashtag: nausea problems. It seems like I'm showing 1000x quicker than I did the first time which I actually really love. I may regret saying that later, but for now it's great! I'm 16 weeks and I've already been feeling this baby kick for at least two or three weeks so I'm just assuming everything happens faster the second time around!

Clara has a total Shirley Temple vibe going on here with her chubby knees poking out and her big bow and paten leather yellow shoes.  I can hardly handle this outfit I just want to mug on her knee dimples in the worst way. Yummy. Here she can be seen holding one of the two babies she insists on having with her at all times. It is rather adorable and her enthusiasm for them has me both excited and terrified about her future dealings with the real live breakable human baby about to enter her world in about 5 months. 

Happy Thursday- over and out!







5 comments:

  1. Lol. Love that good clean fun pun! And Clara has to be theee cutest chubbiest girl around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, she is tooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, nothing is better than matching polka dots! Love this!
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh, you guys!!!!! you're both so lovely and precious!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes