Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Last Night


I've been kind of horrible about pulling the camera out lately. I go through phases, you know. But last night I really couldn't help myself, the cuteness had to be documented! Clara was going through the normal bedtime routine with Steve, I was bustling in and out of the room picking up odds and ends and cleaning up the little messes of the day. I asked Steve to take Clara's diaper genie trash out (I fully capitalize on a nine month pregnancy pass from taking out the diapers) so he told Clara to wait on her chair and read a book while she waited for him. I figured she'd be up in a hot second pulling out all the toys I'd just put away when all the sudden I realize it's been almost five minutes and she's still sitting in her chair- reading her book like a little angel! I ran out to grab my camera and caught a couple of poorly lit photographs. I love my bookworm. 

It's like Clara's all at once turned the corner from "she's still a baby how could I ever even imagine her sleeping outside of her crib??" to maybe more of a 3 year old rather than not yet 2! She understands so much and says EVERYTHING! She wipes her hands on her own prerogative after every meal, talks in little sentences more and more, feeds her toy "hosies" popcorn and water and bosses Watson around like it's nobody's business. I can't wait to see her as a big sister.



^^ her face when Daddy re-entered the room ^^



6 comments:

  1. These pictures are so precious! She is going to be a great older sister- I can already picture her reading to the baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH a cutie! I love love love this stage and the fleeting quiet moments that make these babes so incredibly sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is SO ADORABLE! And what a fun age! I have a daughter who just turned two and a four month old so we're about in the same boat! What a wonderful life!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Preciousprecious. Happy for you and your growing little lovely beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's kind of amazing how they seem to change overnight from your baby to your little girl. It always seems to happen when you're pregnant with the next, which is a good thing, I guess. Love that little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's going to be a reader just like her mom! It must be such a great feeling to know that all of your hard work (reading her books consistently) is paying off and becoming part of who she is. You are molding her well :) Love you and her!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes