Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Our Anniversary..kind of!


This year we decided to celebrate our anniversary early so I wouldn't be you know, nine months pregnant for the festivities. Steve surprised me with a trip to Vancouver- I had no idea! It was my first time in Canada and I must say I enjoyed it immensely. We had a couples massage, shopped a little, enjoyed the GLORIOUS weather and ate a lot of really really good food. Oh! and I really couldn't write this post without mentioning that my sweet husband stopped at La Champagne in Seattle for my favorite. meal. ever. before heading up the coast. Just looking at that oeufs en meurette ^^  makes me jealous of my past self! They literally make the perfect poached egg here. No exaggeration.  I'm very particular about my poached eggs. 
Anyway, we stayed at the sweetest old fashioned hotel downtown (good job Steve!) and enjoyed three perfect days with just us. Our longest vacation together to date, I'm counting it as a babymoon and anniversary all wrapped up into one. Brown paper and string included. Thank you so much to Grandma and Grandpa Marcum for watching our sweet baby while we were away. Kissing her perfect round cheeks was the icing on our perfect weekend cake. 






^^ I like to throw an awkward photo in here every now and again. Keeps me down to earth and stuff^^







2 comments:

  1. How incredibly wonderful and sweet! You two sure know how to do food right :) I was drooling at each of those food pictures! And isn't Vancouver just gorgeous? I love the picture you took of the plants on the rooftops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even your "awkward" photo cute! Love :)
    xo TJ

    http://www.hislittlelady.com

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes