Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pregnancy Essentials for #2



Ok so I'm a total sucker for these sort of list/collages and I kind of wanted to document what has helped me get through the first (and worst) half of my pregnancy this time around!

1. This l'occitane body wash has been amazing. Showers are actually really difficult for me when I'm prego sick because I get light headed and nauseous when standing too long... which means I'm usually huddled in a corner with a pitcher trying to wash my hair. Cute, I know. But this stuff smells SO good- it may sound weird but it helped me get through my showers! ha! It's fresh without being overwhelming for a pregnant nose.

2.  These white birks have been a total staple. They're extremely comfortable, they go with everything and you don't need to bend over or even look down to put them on. Believe me, gravity is not your friend when everything you eat is constantly trying to sneak right back up!

3. A Diaper Genie is total common sense for most people, I know, but we had a smaller pail for Clara that actually worked great for the first year or so. It wasn't an issue until my bloodhound pregnancy powers set in that "the pail that opened for all the diaper smells to escape" became an issue. Needless to say, if you don't have one yet, the genie is one of the best investments for your poor pregnant nose.

4. Bump Nest!!! I have a really hard time getting to sleep for the majority of my pregnancies. My symptoms are always worse at night, be it nausea or heartburn, indigestion, etc. I didn't get a pregnancy pillow last time because, well, I thought that I could prop myself up with the plethora of pillows I already had on my bed. Plus I really like snuggling with Steve. TMI? This time around I knew I'd need some help. One needs sleep when parenting a toddler. This pillow has done wonders! I still have trouble getting to sleep at night but this has made a huge difference. Imagine big fluffy arms cradling you all night long. Plus, it's super cute.

5 & 9. My skin takes any excuse to misbehave and runs with it, pregnancy is no exception. The one problem is I get super freaked out about any aciddy face washes while pregnant, even if they're technically doctor approved. Overactive mama bear instincts right here folks! So when Bon Bon recommended these two natural/organic solutions for troubled skin on her site I jumped all over it! Plus, they're really inexpensive in the whole skin/beauty care realm which is a real plus. Everybody's skin is so different, I never know if the investment will be worth it for me! The Black Nubian soap has really worked wonders for my pregnant skin- it's not perfect, but I hardly breakout anymore and when I do get a pimple it goes away within a couple days. The soap is really sensitive and takes off my make up well too which is a plus (granted, I don't wear a ton of make up). I feel like this facial oil  is kind of a luxury item without the price tag! I only use a little at night after I wash my face, it smells incredible and I always wake up with that dewy look on my skin! I love it! Anything to make one feel pretty while pregnant is a must in my book!

6. No link for these Stonyfield Organic yogurt packets because they have to be refrigerated but I found them at Target when we moved here and (confession session) I can't tell you how many times I would hand Clara one or two of these for lunch or dinner when I was too sick to get off the couch! She loves them, they're whole milk yogurt which is surprisingly hard to find for babies (!) and I felt at least a little better about them than Pirate's Booty or goldfish. Win.

7. Prenatals are SO hard for me during pregnancy. I would love nothing more than taking those fancy horse pills every day but it just isn't in the cards for me! My gag reflux is alive and thriving all nine months. I found these gummy vitamins about half way through my pregnancy with Clara and they've been total life savers. I would be lying if I said I still didn't dread taking them every day, but at least they are somewhat manageable!

8. Along with my birks this t shirt dress from Target has saved my life (I couldn't find the exact one online anymore but this one is similar). I found this on clearance in an extra large early on in my pregnancy and it's perfect. Super soft, doesn't touch my belly AT ALL and looks sort of roll out of bed casual cute. It should really be kind of embarrassing how many times I've worn this dress in a few short months!




Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so buying that soap. Thanks for the tip, Jess! Hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where did #9 go lol. You are bella chica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he he he I found it with #5 Silly me :P

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes