Friday, December 19, 2014

37 weeks!

I'm officially full-term! It's the home stretch, and so on and so forth. I can't believe it! I'm still craving ham and cheese croissants in full force but add to the list; salads, sushi (ugh!!! unrequited. tuna sashimi in the hospital please and thank you.) burgers and really any red meat now that I think about it.
I'm tired but continue to sleep remarkably well. I remember sleep going out the door earlier last time around...I'm guessing this either has to do with the pure exhaustion that accompanies wrangling a 30 lb. two year old all day long OR the addition of the bump nest to my bed this pregnancy. Probably a little of both. My ribs and my hips are the real screamers at this point- which I also remember from last time!
 I've started getting the "due any day now?" "Are you sure you're not having twins?" comments which are still mind boggling to me when they come from a woman but are somehow less offensive this time around! I guess I've just learned to expect them?? I swear people just forget what a full term pregnant woman really looks like. I don't think most 37+ week pregnant women are volunteering to jump in front of the camera (except weirdo bloggers like me) so....it's been a while...you forget. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself ;)
Baths in the evening have become my new best friend, I've had two emotional break downs in less than a week and the baby is at the point where she can kick and/or punch my ribs and my hip bone simultaneously! The end is definitely near!
Happy holidays!!! We've got the nursery all set, the hospital bag AND the new car seat in the car, the house is in working order if not completely done, the double stroller has been set up and practiced on. We're ready! but let's just pray I make it through Christmas mmmmkay? New Years baby for the win!


1 comment:

  1. Yes, you wear that baby belly out there and well! So happy for you all. Can't wait to hear the good news. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes