Tuesday, December 23, 2014

the hospital bag!

Happy Christmas Eve EVE everyone! 

I had a check up yesterday and found that I'm dilated to a 2 and 80% effaced which means baby is coming soon! Well, I started dilating a full 3 weeks ahead of feeling any contractions with Clara so I can't get too amped up here... but hearing that just totally threw me into gear! We're ready and excited! I haven't dropped yet and there have been no contractions to speak of so I'm still holding out for her to wait through the week/weekend but if she doesn't, we're ready for her!! I've had my hospital bag packed and in the car for a couple weeks now but I thought I'd share my list with you all since I so love browsing through these kind of things myself! I really believe you could walk into the hospital with nothing but the shirt on your back and be fine, but for me, having all of this ready and waiting gives me peace of mind. So here we go- hospital bag packing list for baby girl #2!


hospital bag:


two cute outfits for the wee babe!


delivery robe and slippers.


a few pairs of comfy socks (including some new camp socks because I love them).


a going home outfit. This shirt and a pair of comfy, elastic wasted pants that have fit me my whole pregnancy! I totally brought pre pregnancy jeans to wear home from the hospital with Clara. Don't ask me why. I think I was so sick of the two pairs of leggings I'd been wearing for a month and maybe I subconsciously wanted to prove something to myself or something silly like that. Anyway, they ended up fitting (technically) but were so uncomfortable and why? WHY? I learned my lesson. Comfy pants for the win.  


nursing tank, comfy sweats and a t-shirt. 
I remember it felt so good the day after I gave birth to take a shower, put on sweats and go to the lactation class down the hall. It's the simple things!


hospital info packet, pen and a notebook to record labor times, special experiences, etc.


toiletries!! 


I just went to Target and got all of my faves in mini form! It's going to depend on what your routine is but the two things I would for sure recommend for the hospital that I didn't bring the first time around are chap stick and good lotion. I was so dried out after labor! My lips looked like the sahara desert even with me guzzling as much water as I could. So chap stick, yes please.


wet ones, tissues, travel sanitizer, bobby pins and a hair tie.


Tucks, two nursing bras and a few pairs of large underwear.


toothbrush, toothpaste and disposable nursing pads.


the diaper bag:


diapers, wipes, a couple of our favorite pacifiers, pacifier wipes and Honest diapers. We'll see if this baby is the same... but Clara got diaper rash almost from the moment she had on her first diaper in the hospital- the only thing that helped was Honest about two months in. We'll start out right this time!


hand sanitizer for any visitors and a few burp cloths! 


2 swaddling blankets- hospitals usually provide some for you but I like to have a couple of my own as well.


We can't wait to meet you baby girl!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe your due date is just around the corner. You are so prepared and are going to make an excellent mama to your two girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow how exciting!! good luck with everything and merry christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes