Monday, January 26, 2015

Life Lately, According to my iphone.


For the past two weeks we've been incubating in our little bubble at home and this mamma, for one, is not complaining. Even though I know I want more children and this is certainly not going to be my last experience with a newborn at home (God willing), it seems painfully obvious to me that this time of life is all too fleeting. I feel like I miss it even in the thick of it all. The middle of the night feedings, the toe curling pain of the milk let down, the toddler tantrums you just have to ignore. All of it. It's sacred to me, I love being a mom of young children. I feel more fulfilled with the weight of a newborn sleeping on my chest than I have ever before in my life. I'm so grateful for this time to have my babies so close to me, cocooned in the safety of our home. I'm just the luckiest.

oh and check out the photo second from the bottom. That's for sure going on BOTH their wedding slideshows.



^^our first day out (Pediatrician appt)...my hair was wet but hey, at least I showered!^^












4 comments:

  1. Oh Jess! Your girls are darling! Your thoughts resonate with me. Just thinking about the time when I will no longer have a newborn in my house makes my heart ache -- I'm hoping it's not for several years. As exhausting as having two little ones in my home can be, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love seeing you be a mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a dimple in Winnie's cheek!! So so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that second to last picture made me laugh out loud! Oh I love that little Winnie so much already. You're such a sweet mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such priceless pictures! Glad you're soaking up this precious time!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes