Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Making of a Big Sister


Because it's flu season Clara was not allowed to come into our recovery room to meet Winnie. I'm sure she wasn't too fussed about it but it kind of broke my heart! I had always pictured holding my two babies in that hospital bed for some reason. but it is what it is. We brought Winnie home on Tuesday afternoon in the middle of Clara's nap. I was sitting in a chair in our living room snuggling my sweet little burrito when I heard a big bang on the wall from Clara's room immediately followed by a distressed "mama! Nana!!" then the door to her room flew open and she came running out very distressed, bleary eyed and out of it. She had never come out of her room on her own from sleeping so I can only assume she had hit her head on the wall or something and it disoriented her. I quietly cursed the fates knowing that Clara would surely be grumpy and this was no time to introduce her to her new baby sister! Then nap cut short and all she surprised us by whispering in her sweet high pitched two year old voice "baby Winnie!!!". She asked to get up on my lap and proceeded to hug the baby and give her sweet kisses on her arms and feet. I thought my mamma heart might explode right there on the spot. Steve being the sexy quick thinking husband that he is snatched up the camera right away and documented the moment. He even got the first moments on film, I'll have to share later, it was priceless. Clara then requested to hold her and we of course obliged (with assistance). It was too much for my swinging hormones to take, I sat there snapping photos with tears running down my cheeks. Life doesn't get much sweeter than two perfect little girls and a best friend for a husband. 
















11 comments:

  1. What a seriously cuuuute big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica these photos are priceless! I'm so glad Steve was so quick to snatch up the camera. Clara really is the perfect big sister! Can't wait to see the video :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on that beautiful girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible experience! Do you remember meeting your little sister for the first time? I hope Clara does :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness three photos really are the sweetest thing ever. I can't wait to continue to follow along as these sweet girls become best friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! These pictures melt my heart!!
    I am pregnant with my first and I am currently 14 weeks! Read my blog for some funny weekly uodates
    jacobandreasnow.blogspot.com
    Xoxo
    Snow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word! This is so sweet! Clara's curls are gorgeous and that blanket is fierce! (I like animal print a little too much.)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes