Monday, August 17, 2015

Limber Pine Hike


First off, I'd like to point out that I neglected to get a photo of the Limber Pine. face palm. Moving on. Hikes/walks these days are just a glamorous excuse for Clara to go on a monster hunt. Now, the one thing you need to understand about a monster hunt is...they can't be rushed. Under no circumstances can they be rushed. No stone need be left unturned, or left without a wildflower adornment, if you will. She cannot be carried- reconnaissance work is much more efficient on foot. There are brief bursts of "weally fast" running, followed up by mostly meandering. Exploring stumps and side trails and listening for suspicious movements in the brush. Steve and Kenz and I meandered on the way there....her loving Grandma took one for the team on the way back, bless her (I love my girl and her imagination but sometimes you just want to hold your boo's hand and go at a steady pace). Also of note; Clara's massive walking stick and Steve wearing Bitty Baby (that's a really good daddy right there).



  

1 comment:

  1. The description of her monster hunts made me laugh out loud. I miss that girl.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes