Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Big Sur Half Marathon

Steve and I ran our half marathon last weekend and....it was a doozy. Let's just say I pictured ocean views and a couple of hills... what we got was one scant mile of flat going, a 3,000 ft climb and a hot dirt road trail :) Luckily I had Steve with me to take off his shirt and yell Rocky quotes for motivation or I may have turned around at the 5 mile marker! lol! But hey we did it and I have a wicked sunburn and a rather hilarious waddle to prove it (I'm sore)!


Before:


After:



we took these on our drive back, the course was unfortunately, not this picturesque. The wind felt like it was going to blow me over the cliff and I never seem to remember to take off my hat for photos, but at least it was documented!



P.S. here's the last half marathon we ran! Baby Clara!

2 comments:

  1. You did it!!! That's a serious accomplishment. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes