Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Tahoe Trip


It seems that lately I've developed the tendency to become very Bilbo Bagginsey when contemplating trips. Is it worth the hassle? The wonky nap schedules? The answer is always YES but sometimes I need to have my inner Gandolf drop kick me out the door. You are a third generation cowgirl! You are tough! Adventure awaits! etc etc that sort of thing. (I'm sorry but these granite cliffs got me in all sorts of a LOTR mood) We packed up and headed to Tahoe last weekend to watch Steve's friend Spence run the ironman up there and have a little mini family vacation while we were at it. We stayed in a really cute little one bedroom cabin in the woods (a little too small in retrospect...but still cute) and soaked up the heady smell of pine sap, abundant oxygen and crisp 50 degree mornings. The weather felt very much like Fall and made coming back to the 90's rather difficult. I could get used to wellies and sweaters and afternoons warm enough to ditch your pants (as exhibited below). You know the kind. Clara developed an obsession with pine needles, Winnie with lake rocks, I'd say the trip was a roaring success! and yes, the water really is that blue 










^^this was a failed selfie but I had to include it because...that dimple!^^






















^^"it's not chocwet mommy it's DARK chocwet!" that's my girl.^^





















4 comments:

  1. So pretty! Going to have to add Tahoe to our travel bucket list. Looks like you guys had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks dreamy! So glad you guys had a good time. Now you have me itching to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, we are so happy you guys could come! It was so fun to actually get to know you. Secondly, your pictures are amazing and I am so jealous you had an actual vacation instead of constant ironman stress haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't Tahoe just so pretty?! Now if only the water weren't beyond freezing. Ha! My husband and I were married there 3 years ago and it's still my favorite place to vacation every summer.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes