Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Ringing in the new year!


we had all our favorite snacks, a dirty diet coke bar, shared our "bests"  and "worsts" of the year, watched a surprisingly good movie (The Man From Uncle), played the name game, laughed, danced, drank martinellis and pulled poppers in each other's faces. A successful New Year's Eve if I ever saw one! 








New Years Day was spent adventuring through the magical fairyland that is the grand forest. Clara, it turns out, does NOT appreciate the cold so we ended up having to take turns carrying her on the trail... but other than that it was a very enjoyable experience. Being out in nature is always good for my soul, I need to remember that more often, I think. There's nothing wrong with loving your warm hearth but sometimes a little danger and discomfort is just what we need. I'm feeling very Gandalf-y right now so I'll just stop there. We love our Marcum family and we're so glad we got to ring in the new year together!









^^this is my life right now, kind of crazy but also really cute.^^


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I forget how magical Washington state it. Absolutely beautiful. And gandalfy-type inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making New Years such a magical time! We really missed out - having to leave a day early. We want a repeat a couple years from now.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why those ?? appeared. It was meant to be a smiley face. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes