Friday, February 12, 2016

A Shared Room

As we were in our final stretch of the sixteen hour drive home from Seattle for Christmas I impulsively decided that it was the night to do it. As soon as we got home we were moving the crib into Clara's room and that was that. Then I promptly started moving furniture around in my head for the next hour or so because I'm weird and this kind of stuff keeps me up at night, too excited to sleep. 

We'd been toying around with the idea of moving the girls together for a while now.... but just hadn't summoned up the gumption to do it. What if Clara woke Winnie up in the night? Or vice versa? I could just feel the anxiety of a never-ending crying domino game through the night! I value my sleep, you guys. THE HORROR. But I love the idea of shared rooms. Giggle fits into the night, sisters sneaking in flashlights to read books past bedtime...the stuff childhood is made of, right? The beauty of siblings. I love it. And for a less magical but still very important reason, I like the subliminal message it sends. We share everything. The toys, books, blankets etc. are for the benefit of the family not just one individual. I know a certain 3 year old who found herself in need of learning this lesson. So we did it and I'm happy to report that it has gone splendidly! The girls have slept well and have really seemed to enjoy sharing a space. I couldn't be happier about it! So here it is our little slice of Marcum childhood magic right in our home. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!







^^the empty frame is for a portrait of Neo I'm wanting to paint this year.^^
















4 comments:

  1. So cute and magical! Haha I wish my room looked like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely! What a magic sister haven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all kinds of magical! And you are so brave. I'm terrified of messing up nap-time, so the shared room thing is on the back burner for us.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes