Monday, May 23, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

Better late than never right?


My Mother's Day started at 10 am (my husband is the best.) with Clara and Steve bringing me breakfast in bed. Clara was very excited to give me my lemonade. When I asked if I might have a glass of water too I was sharply chided and told I was to only have "one drink at a time.". I love her. Also of the greatest significance, I must report that Steve made my eggs benedict- hollandaise and all- from scratch. I had a beautiful bouquet from my man and dinner at my Grandma's house. We were late to church and I didn't exactly get my beautiful "calm children surrounding me" mother's day photo but I'd say the day was still a success.

 I love being a mom and a woman and all that comes with that. I've always wanted to be a mom and make a home. I remember, very vividly, the day I decided it was time to start our family. I was standing with my kindergarten class in the pick up line after school, watching the moms gather in their little chicks and I just came to realize that although I loved my job, I'd rather be in those cars loading up a pile of my own kids than teaching someone else's for a few hours every day. Even though some days it feels completely overwhelming and exhausting, I've never felt happier or more fulfilled in my life. 

Happy Mother's Day. I know that it can be a painful holiday for many different reasons but I hope everyone took time to celebrate the women in their lives, whether they are the more obvious kind of mother or not. I believe in the power of mothers and women and I'm grateful for the role I get to fill.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes