From the time we moved into our house we knew we wanted to update a few things, first and foremost the linoleum in the bathrooms and laundry room. After binge watching too much Fixer Upper and reading one too many home improvement blogs Steve bought a sledge hammer, channeled his inner Chip Gaines and we had ourselves a DEMO DAY! It was really quite fun. Even though tile is not quite as easy a weekend project as we thought it would be I'd say it was a success! Mainly due to my sledge hammer wielding husband (in fact, we did not use a sledge hammer for this project....but we do now own one), we have a cute new updated bathroom for the girls.
Unfortunately I did not have the foresight to take a true before picture, but we took out the sheet mirrors, re-plastered and textured the walls and installed new stand alone mirrors, took out the linoleum, put down new hex tiles, installed new baseboards, and consequently, a new toilet, as the old one broke when we were trying to reinstall it! There were a few glitches but overall it went pretty well for our first REAL home improvement project! Next up- master bathroom!
(P.S. I'm super late posting this one too- this was all done in January! For shame!)