Tuesday, November 08, 2016

She is 4


Well, Monday morning at approximately 5:32am my oldest, my Clara Rose, the girl who made me a mom, turned 4. I can't believe it! Unfortunately our plans for Disneyland were derailed, or rather postponed, as the girls and I were all collectively sick (croup for Winnie, bronchitis for Clara, bad head cold for me, it's been a doozy of a week). We still made the best of the day despite blighted plans. She woke up to a room full of balloons and a Sees chocolate outside her door (we rather suspect she may have discovered the aforementioned chocolate in the course of the night rather than the intended morning.... mischief). 
side story: When we drove the grocery cart down the aisle with balloons the day before her birthday she proclaimed (out of the blue) "You're going to surprise me with my room full of balloons for my birthday!! I'm so excited!". We just started that tradition last year, it was so cute that she remembered and was so excited, I kind of wanted to cry. Ok maybe I did get a little misty. We mothers are a strange tribe.  
Anyway, we made the classic Birthday chocolate chip sprinkle pancakes for breakfast. I let her play with all the things she loves and which I am usually too OCD to get out, read; craft box, watercolors, etc (mostly the craft box). We had her favorite dinner, spaghetti and meatballs, obviously, and birthday cake! She has been requesting a "rainbow cake" and I did my best but it was still pretty janky, it did taste delicious though, if I don't say so myself. 
Happy Birthday sweet girl! We love you so much.














1 comment:

Love Notes