Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Different take on a Mobile


I've made a mobile for each of the girls and for this baby's I wanted to do something a little less typical. I had made this for the wall in Clara's nursery in Boston and have been devastated ever since it broke in the move, so I decided to do something kind of similar for over the bassinet here. I sawed off a branch from our backyard and we mounted it to the wall with drywall screws and some leftover mustard suede from the headboard I made for our bed. It ended up being surprisingly sturdy! I cut off the peony blooms from a silk flower wedding bouquet I ordered on amazon and attached white paper butterflies and some antique chandelier crystals I picked up a few years back to sewing string I hung from the branches. I'm not going to lie, it's pretty magical. Now all I need is a baby cooing at it from inside that bassinet! 





2 comments:

  1. I'd call this "a baby comes to Pemberly"!! Omg 😍😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sense of style and craftiness always amaze me. I would love to be a little girl in your home, it would be like living in a dream

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes