Thursday, March 09, 2017

38.5 week update





at 38.5 weeks pregnant I'm...

feeling ready in all the particulars... nursery set up, baby clothes washed, hospital bag packed, house clean, etc. but somehow a little nervous that I'm not prepared mentally? I don't know how to explain it, but this pregnancy has gone by so fast... I feel like I've gotten all the leg work done (even re-reading Babywise and Happiest Baby on the Block) I just haven't had as much time to mentally absorb what having a 3rd baby entails! Any 3rd time moms have these kinds of feelings??

still sleeping really well, what a blessing! I'm out like a rock five minutes after I hit the pillow every night and pretty much stay that way until the girls wake up in the morning! Thank the high heavens.

am having a lot of soreness in my ribs and sternum, basically this baby is running out of room and letting me know it!

getting contractions pretty much every time I stand up or am on my feet for more than 5 minutes. They're more than Braxton Hicks, less than full-on labor contractions...my belly turns to concrete and it feels like period cramps across my back and into my legs. Luckily, I know better than to go to the hospital because of my experience with Winnie....but I know once it does start it'll be really fast. My benchmark is the inability to put on pants- that's when I'll know it's game time ;)

enjoying my nightly foot rubs from Steve! Love that guy.

am getting induced next week if I don't go into labor before then! I tested positive for group B strep this time and because I went SO fast with Winnie my dr. wants to induce me at the hospital so that I can get on the antibiotics before she's born.

noticing a few more stretch marks this time around! I totally freaked out when I got my first 3 with Winnie but surprisingly this time it hasn't bothered me at all! Bring on the battle scars, I earned them!

*****

I can't believe I'll be holding our little bundle of love in my arms in less than a week! My heart is so full.

2 comments:

  1. I'm crying! You're beautiful! I can't wait to meet her!!! 😭

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WILL BE THERE IN 8 DDDDAAAAYYYYSSSS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes