Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day

My heart is so full of motherhood. It's ups and downs, joys and pains together. Motherhood has opened up in me the greatest vulnerability. To love these little souls so much, to exult in their triumphs and ache in their disappointment. I pray for my girls every day, for them to have the strength and courage to follow Christ and make all they can of what they've been given. I've worn out my knees asking for patience and strength to be my best self for them, to discipline and teach without ever letting them doubt my love. It's an immense responsibility, the most important of my life.
I'm grateful for a husband and help-meet who supports and encourages me in my motherhood, who helps me be the best mother I can. I couldn't do what I do without his help, physical and emotional. To share with him the joy of raising these girls has been the greatest pleasure and blessing.
I truly feel that raising these girls is my calling in life. I've never been more tired or more fulfilled. Oddly, one of my first thoughts sitting in the hospital after I had Clara was that, one day, I would be there helping her bring a sweet babe into the world. I still get a little emotional thinking about it. I hope they all get to experience the miracle of motherhood (of body or soul, there are many forms) and can in turn gain a small inkling of the love I have, and always will have, for them.

Happy Mother's Day.








1 comment:

  1. So sweet. Beautiful photos of all you beauties!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes