Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Ruth's Newborn Photos. Six Weeks.


When Ruth was about six weeks old my dear friend Caroline came over to take some shots of the family with our sweet new baby. I'm so grateful for these pictures! It's such a special, fleeting time and I feel like she captured it perfectly. I don't know what it is about this third baby but I find myself feeling SO nostalgic about all the baby things. I know she's not my last but maybe it's because I feel like I'm at least over half way done? I don't know, but I often have this overwhelming feeling that I need to savor everything. Each time I burrow into her neck rolls and smell that sweet baby smell I get a little teary eyed thinking about how it won't last forever....this is really quite pathetic as it happens multiple times a day. Am I the only one who thinks that that milky (slightly sour) neck roll smell is magic? Am I crazy?? Yes? Ok, moving on.
 Moral of the story is I love these pictures and I'm grateful for sweet friends who are wonderful and so very talented. Also...the pictures of me and Steve with Ruth make me want to have about 10 more of his babies ;) 
Thank you thank you thank you Caroline! These are a treasure.


















































1 comment:

  1. Jess these pictures of your newest little lady are absolutely priceless! My favorite is the last one. And definitely not alone in feeling nostalgic allllll the time about this fleeting time of a new babe. I'm doing the same thing over here with my newest little lady! Snuggle her up and enjoy those new-baby smells. Xo Carly Chapple

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes